Smart women pray. They under understand the value of a life of prayer. They know that it is wise to bring everything to God in prayer. They delight in having intimate times of prayer with the Father because they know how much He cares for them and they know that they can can take anything to Him in prayer because this delights and pleases the Father.
1. First and foremost smart women pray to stay connected to the source of life and salvation. Our relationship with God built through intimacy in prayer is of the utmost importance.
Jesus said, “I am the vine; you are the branches. Whoever abides in me and I in him, he it is that bears much fruit, for apart from me you can do nothing,” John 15:5.
2. Smart women prayer they know it is good to bring every hing before the Lord before making any decision. The Bible says,
“Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God.” Philippians 4:6
3. Smart women pray to gain insight into matters and people, meaning in prayer God grants us the grace and the ability to understand people and situations in a very clear way and have an understanding of the true nature of something. He will also show us how to approach matters while in prayer.
Proverbs says, if you call out for insight and raise your voice for understanding, if you seek it like silver and search for it as for hidden treasures,then you will understand the fear of the Lord and find the knowledge of God. For the Lord gives wisdom; from his mouth come knowledge and understanding;” Proverbs 2:3-6
4. Smart women pray to gain vision and foresight for the future. Foresight is different than insight in that it means the ability to see and plan for what will or might happen in the future, the perception of the significance and nature of events before they have occurred. God will show us things to come in prayer and He will also give us the chance to intercede so that evil doesn’t come.
Danial wrote, “The message was true, but the appointed time was long; and he understood the message, and had understanding of the vision.” Daniel 8:26
5. Smart women pray and intercede, also known as standing in the gap when the Lord shows them things so that instead of bad good will come in the midst of trying situations. Like ready helpers God can depend on smart women to stand in the gap so that destruction will not come.
“I sought for someone among them who would make a wall, and stand in the gap before Me on behalf of the land, that I should not destroy it; but I found no one.” Ezekiel 22:30
6. Smart women pray because God releases His blessings and gives us the desires of our hearts during times of prayer simply because we delight in Him.
Psalm 37:4-5 says, “Delight yourself also in the Lord, and He shall give you the desires of your heart.Commit your way to the Lord, trust also in Him, and He shall bring it to pass.”
7. Smart women prayer to draw strength from the Lord. When we are weak He is strong. All we have to do is go to Him and connect to His strength through prayer.
Psalm 27:1 says, “The Lord is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? The Lord is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?”
Beloved, smart, wise woman of God, I want to encourage you to continue to pray always and never give up this most valuable and honorable and smart practice of prayer.
You can get a copy of my downloadable prayer guide here: Praying with Understanding