Hi. I’m Krista, and I’m super excited to be attending the Declare Conference for the second year in a row! God did some amazing things in me last year. For me Declare was about taking time out to hear God and get a clearer vision of what He wants me to do – how He wants me to declare His message in my space, and use my influence to share not only my story, but His story as well and call women into a deeper relationship with Him.
The best and most unexpected thing about last year’s conference is that I received the idea/assignment for my second book during a time of worship. I share a part of that story in the preface of the book. It was published on my birthday this year – May 31st, and is available for purchase in paperback on my website, Amazon, B&N.com, and as an e-book in iTunes, Kindle, and Nook!! I’m also an indie publisher, so I’ve learned a lot about the business of publishing as well.
This year I get the privilege of my having book included in the Declare speakers gift bags, and some of my books will also be added in the attendee giveaways. If you’d like to know more about the book, A Call To God’s Daughters To Step Into His L.A.B. Love Acceptance Beauty – Based on the Book of Ruth you can click the link here: L.A.B. Book.
1. If we were meeting in person, I would tell you that I’m an IT manager by day who dreams of quitting her job and staying at home again to write more, have more time for family, do more ministry and creating beautiful word things. I’m a mom of for young adults who I am praying God’s blessing over, as they find their place and grow in their faith. I’m the women’s ministry leader and a prayer leader at my local church where I’ve been a member since 2000. I am divorced but I still believe marriage and family are the most beautiful and worthy things in life, and I believe that one day I will be married again so I can leave the legacy of godly marriage to my children. People always ask because I look so young, so I would tell you when you asked how I could have 4 young adult children and look so young, that I’m 43, and I was a young mom before getting married which is part of my story.
2. My favorite things to write about is the depths of God’s love, acceptance, and beauty bestowed on His daughters. Whatever our difference we have, all women have three things in common – a desire to know we are loved unconditionally, a desire to be accepted for who we really are, and a desire to feel beautiful. At the core of these desires is the inborn image of God within us. He is love, He is the grantor of eternal acceptance, and He is the Beautiful One. I try to use these three things we all have in common and the common factor which is God to write about the things we all face as women, wives, and mothers while pointing back to Jesus as the answer to everything we face and the rewarder of our faith.
3. I enjoy reading early historical fiction, dating back to the times right after Christ’s resurrection.
4. If could choose to do anything for the day I would go on a hike by the beach or spend the day at the beach, sitting in the sun and reading a good book with my feet in the ocean, or I would spend the day exploring a beautiful foreign city.
5. The thing I love about my blog is that my transparency often leads women to breakthroughs in different areas. If I had more time I would write more posts and I would offer a mentoring/coaching program to help women break self-defeating mindsets, learn to measure themselves by God’s standards, and understand their life mission as God’s daughter.
6. I’d rather read a paperback book. I prefer coffee but also like a nice cup of tea in the evenings. I would go to a musical over a movie but I enjoy a good, clean romantic comedy. I definitely prefer to vacation near the beach, someplace quiet. I prefer relaxing a night in but maybe that needs to change because I don’t get out much. I watch some sports but I’m not a sports fan. If by sport you mean hiking, jogging, and walking than play sports it is, if not, no sports for this girl.