Use this link to purchase a copy of my Christian Vision Board workbook for $10.00. In it I walk you through the process of creating your vision board step-by-step, plus I added extra tips to help your vision board be a success and to help you stay on top of your goals after you finish creating your vision board.
Last year I decided to make a vision board for the first time. I had heard about them in business and other secular circles but I had never made one. I was actually against them because it seemed so un-Christian and self-centered on. Silly, right? But what I discovered is that vision boards are actually very Christian and rooted in the Word of God. I’m not sure what process other people use to create vision boards but I’m gonna list the steps God gave me to creating my first vision board. These steps helped other women create their’s as well.
The Lord’s instructions to the prophet Habakkuk was to: ““Write the vision; make it plain on tablets, so he may run who reads it,” Habakkuk 2:2. If done God’s way a vision board can be very helpful to keeping on track in your walk with God, your prayer life and your focus.
So, here’s my definition of a Christian vision board: A visual and written representation of your hopes, dreams, goals, and promises from God for your future, in particular the immediate future. like the next year or so. it is a picture of what you want to see, do have, experience according to the will of God of course. Or another way to look at is: what God said you can have, do, experience according to His plans for you. It is aligning your will with the will of God and intentionally focusing on what God has for you.
In Jeremiah 29:11 God says, “ For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the Lord, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope.”
God is faithful to His Word.
Each year’s vision board should be progressive, in that it builds off the last year’s because it is according to the will of God. I saw the manifestation of many things on my vision board from last year happen over the course of the year. I looked back and had to say, “Wow God! You answered so many prayers and I did some many things on this board.” Things that have not manifested fully yet I am carrying over into next year as I watch the seeds of what I planted continue to grow and produce fruit.
Jesus said of the word of God that it grows like grain: “first the blade, then the head, after that the full grain in the head,’ Mark 4:28
Steps to Making Christian Vision Board:
1. Write out all the things you want to do, see, have, and experience over the next year. Your hopes, dreams, goals. according to your faith. As you your learn to trust God and understand that His plan is abundant life you will ask for greater things! These can include anything but I like to focus my spiritual growth, family, ministry, home, fitness, relationships, personal development, finances, and things that I want for the joy of having them, it.
2. Prayerfully consider if each is the will of God for you. Some things won’t be, others things maybe for another time and still other things God will say pursue. Remember, God has a plan for you life and sometimes our plans and His plans don’t match up. His will is best so learning to yield to His Spirit , His Word and His timing s critical.
3. Rewrite your list if necessary according to now, never, later. LOL.
4. Take the time to find corresponding Scriptures to base your list on. For everything on your list you should have a scripture or a promise from God so that when the enemy of you soul whispers the lies you don’t deserve, you can’t have, you will never get… You can speak the Word and keep believing God.The Lord told Habakkuk to write the vision so the people could continue to run and not faint as the read it.
5.Find pictures to line up with your vision. You may find them in magazines, online or you may have to write and/or draw them out. Get all your magazines together and some colored construction paper, colored pens, crayons, glue and such. I subscribe to several Christian magazines. Many of them are free because I am connected to their ministries in some way. I’ve said them over the years and I have a magazine basket. I like using these magazine as my first choice because the Word of God is already alive and vivid in pictures and quotes. If you have subscribed to any free Christian magazines you can start now. I like to type and print key Scriptures if I can find something that works in magazines. You will also need a nice size poster board.
Now comes the fun part!
6. It’s time to design your board. Before you start gluing things on to the board position things to make sure there’s enough room for everything. You may need a bigger board or just to cut down the edges of your pictures and Scriptures to make the smaller. That’s it!
The hardest part is prayerfully considering what you should put on your board and pursue over the next year and it really doesn’t have to be that hard if you know the will of God. Beloved, I pray you will write your vision and run with it!