I know and believe that God hears and answers prayers but some people don’t completely trust this because they have never experienced it to the full. If that has been you, if your prayers have been hit and miss, it’s time for you to see God answer your prayers.
He desires to answer everyone’s prayers but at times we pray amiss – with wrong motives and/or out of the will of God. Sometimes we do this knowingly and at others times unknowingly, but we can get it right all the time if we are willing to following the instructions God has laid out in His Word.
Below are the seven specific steps taken from the Word of God to see your prayers answered.
Video: Seven Steps to Answered Prayer: goes into detail about each step.
Here are the seven specific steps taken from the Word of God to see your prayers answered.
- Find out what the will of God is for your life. It’s all in His Word. (Romans 12:2 and Ephesians 5:15-17)
- Ask according to His will. (1John 5:14)
- Believe that God hears you when you pray. (1 John 5:15)
- Believe that what that He has given you what you asked for in prayer. (Mark 11:24)
- Don’t doubt or be double-minded. Don’t pray one way and speak another. Make up in your mind that you will not speak contrary to what you are praying and asking God for. This is a sign of doubt and it stifles our prayers from coming to pass. (Mark 11:23, James 1:6-8)
- Forgive others and walk in love at all times with everyone so that your prayers won’t be hindered from manifestations (Mark 11:25, 1Peter 3:7 (refers to the married but it is a lesson for all – strife hinders prayer))
- Let patience work for you so that after you have prayed according to God’s will the promise can come to you. (Hebrews 10:36, James 5:11)
Bonus, very important – step I forgot to add in the video:
8. Let God work things out by His Word and His Spirit, don’t try to use your power and might. (Zachariah 4:6)
It’s our job to pray in faith, believe we have received the answers to our prayers and to speak words of faith. But we can only get into trouble trying to manipulate circumstance and/or people to making things happen ourselves. That’s not God and we will have to take another lap if we try to do things our way. Trust God to work things out and you will learn the ways of God. Oh, they are so beautiful and awesome.